Category M Courses
10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety (approved for firearms licensing in Queensland) – CATEGORY M CROSSBOWS
Crossbows are classed as a Category M weapon in QLD. They can be used for sports and target shooting, as well as recreational shooting on a property. Unlike firearms, they are quiet and the bolts travel shorter distances than projectiles making them a great alternative to firearms on smaller properties; or perhaps something for the avid bow hunter to consider.
A basic introduction to crossbows, this course encompasses the essential skills and knowledge in relation to weapons legislation, crossbows in the community, licensing requirements, safe handling, safe storage and transport as well as a range of additional information that is essential for all arbalests. The course content is covered through a range of mediums including classroom-based theory, practical handling of a crossbow and a live fire activity on an approved range.
On successful completion of this course, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety (Approved for Firearms Licensing in Queensland).
This course meets the training requirements to apply for a QLD Weapons Licence for Category M Crossbows.
In order to participate in this course, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be over 18 years of age (or have written consent from parent/guardian to attend)
- Must not have any physical or other impairment which would prevent you from handling firearms safely – if unsure, seek advice from your GP or contact us to discuss suitability
- Must not have any criminal convictions (relating to drug use, violence or weapons) in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to a domestic violence order in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to an involuntary mental health order in the past five years
Contact QLD Training Centre
We are located within the Gold Coast Pistol Club premises
85 Edmund Rice Drive
Southport QLD 4214
Ph: 0408 432 342