Category C & D Courses
10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety (approved for firearms licensing in Queensland)
Category C and D firearms are generally accessible only to individuals with an occupational need for the firearms. This includes occupations such as primary producers, pest controllers, firearms dealers, armourers, instructors and theatrical ordnance suppliers. They may also be available to firearms collectors who are members of a collector’s guild.
This course covers essential skills and knowledge relating to firearms legislation, firearms in the community, licensing requirements, safe handling, safe storage and transport as well as a range of additional information that is essential for all shooters.
This course covers Category C and D weapons; these are used primarily for occupational shooting activities. Examples of firearms under these categories include:
- Semi-Automatic Shotguns.
- Semi-Automatic Rifles
- Pump Action Shotguns
- Non-Military and Military Style Centre Fire
- Self Loading Rifles
On successful completion of this course, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety (Approved for Firearms Licensing in Queensland).
This course meets the training requirements to apply for a QLD Weapons Licence for categories C and D.
In order to participate in this course, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be over 18 years of age (or have written consent from parent/guardian to attend)
- Must not have any physical or other impairment which would prevent you from handling firearms safely – if unsure, seek advice from your GP or contact us to discuss suitability
- Must not have any criminal convictions (relating to drug use, violence or weapons) in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to a domestic violence order in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to an involuntary mental health order in the past five years
Contact QLD Training Centre
We are located within the Gold Coast Pistol Club premises
85 Edmund Rice Drive
Southport QLD 4214
Ph: 0408 432 342